Games BallWorld in production

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey all I just wanted to notify you all that development of BallWorld has started. It will be heavily influenced by the Commodore 64 games like Marble Madness, Gyroscope and Spindizzy. Here's some screenshots. Mouselook is successfully implemented and ball rolls with w,a,s,d. Features C64 music and sound for retro lovers. This will take some time to complete but at least it's in production. C64 style tunes will be composed by me and most likely C64 veteran Ole Marius Pettersen [Prosonix] might contribute with real SID tunes for that retro nostalgic feeling to the gameplay. Classic C64 fonts will be part of the game as well. 1987 is coming back folx.

Produced by Duologic Software, indie software developer in Sweden.

BallWorld screenshot1.jpg

BallWorld Mouselook.jpg

BallWorld screenshot3.jpg

Newsflash July 5, 2017

Prosonix team will compose new tunes for BallWorld in true SID style. This is kind of awesome, since the game will be more retro which means you just cannot get closer to the real thing, the legendary Commodore 64. Prosonix is like Maniac Of Noise one of the best SID composers in the world. My dream is coming true, there will actually be a REAL Commodore 64 game out.
Now that's good news indeed. Old tunes will also be used most likely from this great team.
This was made possible because I have roots and status in the C64 demoscene and Prosonix members is a great friend of mine :cool: My wish is also that other legends from the C64 scene should compose music for the game, like Rob Hubbard, Martin Galway, Chris Huelsbeck, David Wihttaker, Matt Gray, Jeroen Tel.. but so far so good.
Prosonix member Stein Pedersen is famous for working at Funcom and starting Innerloop Studios. That's right, they created Joint strike fighter and Project IGI. Ole Marius Pettersen is wellknown from the C64 demo scene and famous for his legendary tune 'Dawn of creation' that many made a remix of because it's so good. B4X members you heard it first :)

Comments are welcome, thanks.

Last edited:

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @ilan That's correct. Unity v5.6.1f1 Personal edition until it's ready to be released then it might be worth to upgrade. It would be nice to someway promote B4X and especially B4J by implementing a suitable frontend service for the game. The screenshots is at a very early stage so there's alot of things to add but so far gameplay is 'very playable'. Next I will implement rotating crystals similar to those found in Spindizzy, it was probably back in 1986. The mouselook adds a unique feel to the game for this sort of category. Actually it works pretty smooth to view the level and the realism is almost too good. The space scenery gives breathtaking and spectacular views. First I was going with that blue blackground found in Spindizzy it's pretty nice but as computers these days are pretty fast I might as well leave it as it is now. I was about to use another engine for this game and that's the Unreal Engine but since I started out with Unity I went back to it since it offers some flexibillity with the assets. The aim of the game is not yet set, so if anyone have ideas I'd appreciate to know stuff you'd like to see in a game like this.

Last edited: