Barcode Reader

elitevenkat

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
My application is using the soft keyboard for text field inputs ( more than 20 covering 6 panels). I do not need any custom keyboard. Now i had added a bar code scanner for capturing data thru a scanner. The scanner is attached to the usb port in the tablet. Now my problem is the soft keyboard has stopped appearing as i need it to do input to other text fields. I had tried IME lib, showkeyboard method without success. Is there anyway to make the soft keyboard appear ?

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think there has to be an option in keyboard settings of the android os.
By the way, which is the barcode reader you got? I'm searching for a good one lately.

Upvote 0

elitevenkat

Licensed User
Longtime User
Msr

Hi, I have connected a Magnetic Card Reader (MSR) and not a barcode scanner as i had mentioned. Another problem is if i either attach or remove the MSR from the USB port when the application is running, it makes the application to re start!. The app is loaded afresh. The content of the data entry screen is gone!.
How to prevent this?
venkat

Upvote 0

keirS

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is your device running in keyboard wedge mode? Quite a few card readers also support USB HID and other modes where you could use the USB library to communicate with it.

Upvote 0

roarnold

Licensed User
Longtime User
I built a library for barcode scanning UPC, QCR etc... for an application if you would like it.

R

Upvote 0

elitevenkat

Licensed User
Longtime User
Msr

Dear roarnold,
Yes I am interested in the lib. Can i use it for Magnetic swipe reader ? is it possible to communicate with usb printer also ?
venkat

Upvote 0