Basic4Android license

mobisat

Licensed User
Longtime User
A friend recommended this product to me as I was looking for info on Android coding. I am a very infrequent coder making visual basic programs for my own use. My question is how often does the B4A app get updated, I know the 2 year license lasts longer but not sure if it would benefit me.
Also if I take the standard version what happens when the 2 months run out do I only need to pay again if there is something in the newer updates that would actually be of benefit to me then I would have to probably go for the enterprise version ? Apologies if this sounds a stupid question to be asking but I couldn't see a sticky anywhere regarding the software license

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.

This question has been asked quite recently, you can find the thread here: http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4andr...19741-ongoing-development-b4a.html#post113819.

If you buy B4A with a 2 month licence and in 3 months time an update is released your old version will continue to work with no problems.
It'd be up to you to decide whether or not it's worthwhile to pay and upgrade.

Most regulars on the forum agree that the 2 year licence is well worth paying for.

A lot depends on whether you'll use B4A for a little while and lose interest or whether you'll still be using it as the year goes by.

Martin.

Upvote 0

mobisat

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply, I would say I am in the exact same boat as DoctorGerry in the other post, a hobbyist. If I use it for self satisfaction now and again I can't see me making any benefit from a 2 year license. I doubt I would ever make an app good enough for sale in the market. Oh well just need to wait till payday now then.

Upvote 0

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One thing to consider though...

Recently B4A version 2 was released, it was the first version with support for user-definable Classes.

The Classes feature has proved tremendously popular as you'll see if you look at the number of recent threads where people are sharing their newly created Classes.

I'd say buy the 2 month licence if you feel that is all you need, but don't be surprised if you find yourself tempted to pay for an update after the 2 month period if the update contains some 'too good to be without' features. :)

Martin.

Upvote 0

mobisat

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your help, much appreciated. The one thing missing from the forum is a thanks button.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your help, much appreciated. The one thing missing from the forum is a thanks button.

Glad to see you here and that you are considering my advise. You will just love B4A. I would also say, as Martin suggested, to go with the enterprise-version.

PS: I sent you a PM on the DE-forum.

Upvote 0