B4R Question Battery for robotics

Eme Fibonacci

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm doing a simple robotic line follower with arduino and B4R.

I use a 9v battery for arduino and 4 rechargeable AA batteries for two DC motors.
In the design has a bridge l298n.
It seems that there is a problem of low amperage the car looks heavy.
What would be a good battery to use in robotics projects?

rbghongade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Mostez

Licensed User
Longtime User
One important thing you should consider about Li-ion batteries, they should be well controlled to avoid over discharge and high current drain, otherwise they may cause serious damage. You may use one of those cell phone power banks, they include charge,discharge and step up circuitry in one package for reasonable price. I don't think supplying 5V to 6V-motor will affect performance, so you have one power supply for them all.

Upvote 0

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Instead of two power supplies you can have a single battery of multiple Li-ion cells (3.7V ,3300mAh each). You can then step up 3.7V to 5V for arduino and another step up converter to generate 6V for motors.
Advantage is that the weight reduces as step up modules are light ( and cheap too)
I have used this module:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/who...Converter-Module-2-24v-Input/32474367475.html
Both Arduino and motors will be happy with two like batteries in series, providing 7+ volt and you don't need the converters.

Upvote 0