Battle Xamarin vs B4A and B4i

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to all,

I work for a pretty big company (60.000 employees), they wanted to impose Xamarin, for mobile dev.
I was close, the only one, who promotes B4A, and did many Apps.
So they want to organize like a code battle, december 2nd 2015 with a fresh new Xamarin coder (not very experienced in Android, but a pretty code C# coder) against me...

Any ideas, guys, about a App to dev in a 4 hours round, in order to show the RAD and Wyse design of B4A, against Xamarin?

Thanks.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't use Xamarin so I can't tell anything about its IDE. However, I think the price of B4A is much cheaper than Xamarin.

From Xamarin website:
Prices below are per developer, per device platform with no royalties or hidden fees.
Business $999 or Enterprise $1899/year.

If your company have hundreds of developers, you can save a lot of money with B4A.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to all,

I work for a pretty big company (60.000 employees), they wanted to impose Xamarin, for mobile dev.
I was close, the only one, who promotes B4A, and did many Apps.
So they want to organize like a code battle, december 2nd 2015 with a fresh new Xamarin coder (not very experienced in Android, but a pretty code C# coder) against me...

Any ideas, guys, about a App to dev in a 4 hours round, in order to show the RAD and Wyse design of B4A, against Xamarin?

Thanks.
This story is amazing. A big company that decides to buy or not a product depending on the skills of two developers! It only makes sense if there are just two developers in the company. They are not interested by the price? by the features? by the support of team development? by the opinion of their senior developers? etc.

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
First, they were not really focused on mobility, second, they decided to go Xamarin 1 year ago, since, progresses are not very good, and while CIO has been replaced, that the reason why.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In a 4hour competition, and having about two to three weeks to prepare, I would go for an almost real app... meaning, a near "that's what we need" kinda of app.
A server/client databased based app, allowing to insert retrieve data... if your company works with clients commands, do a "demo sales force" type of app...
giving the ability to create the client (infos included) then go directly to a command (order) page to make the first order for the newly created client...
UI should be minimal, yet functional and not UGLY..

Manish Kungwani

imbault what happened in the contest?
Also, I'm trying to make a decision whether we want to go the B4 way .. Is there a guide or comparison with Xamarin available?
Thanks