B4A Library Beautiful Icons and Buttons with EmojiOne

This Library enumerates 1200 of the Emoji within the EmojiOne TTF. EmojiOne is a very high quality set of Icons (as good or better than Apple's) which is free to download and distribute as long as you provide attribution. See www.emojione.com for details.
Note that composite icons such as Flags and the people groups cannot be rendered.

Icons are broken down into the groups which EmojiOne has organized them into. Groups are Activities, Food & Drink, Nature, Objects, People, Symbols and Diversity. Note that for the Diversity group skin tones do not work and the default tone will always be displayed.

It is very easy to use.
B4X:
'Icons is a list of Icon characters
Dim Icons As Icons_EmojiOne

'This is the EmojiOne font. you have to download it from EmojiOne.com and add it to your files.
Dim EmojiOne As Typeface = Typeface.LoadFromAssets("emojione.ttf")

'You can now access an Emoji by typing something like. Of course you need a View that can handle the Emoji
'This Library just returns a Long pointer which must be processed by the view
MyEmoji = Icons.Emo1.People.anguished_face

Categories.png
IconList.png

Here is a screen shot of some buttons that use a EmojiOne icon. I have used my SmartHost as it can handle the Emoji characters correctly.
Screenshot_20160113-170226.png

To run the demo you will need the Icons_EmojiOne library installed. You will also need the SmartHost library which you can find here. SmartHost_Link.

Attachments

• Icons_EmojiOne.jar
    52 KB · Views: 236
  • Icons_EmojiOne.xml
    110.6 KB · Views: 251
  • EmojiOne.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for this library.

Where to download emojione.ttf?
I have visit emojione.com and only found emojione-android.ttf.

Gary Milne

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for this library.

Where to download emojione.ttf?
I have visit emojione.com and only found emojione-android.ttf.
It's the same file, I just renamed it.

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have renamed it and got error when run it :

An Error has occurred in sub : main_globals (java line :440) java:lang:RunTimeException : native typeface cannot be made

Gary Milne

Licensed User
Longtime User

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have download emojione.ttf, still got the same error.

Found the problem, it won't work on Jelly Bean, tested on Lollipop is OK, don't know on KitKat. (SmartHost work OK on JB)

Thanks anyway.