Beta Test HorizontalScrollView

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There seems to be a problem with HorizontalScrollView on Android 1.6.

If the scroll required is small, the activity seems to jump down a distance.
(set EditText1 width in the HSV.Addview to 110%) it seems to fail consistently at small values, and irregularly at larger values i haven't seen it fail at all over 300% (that's not to say it will not).

I attach my test app which I have tried on the emulator with various configurations of device with Android 1.6, 2.1 and 2.2. It only does it on 1.6.

Also tested on my 2.3.3 HTC hero with CyanogenMod7 (Android 2.3.3) which is fine.

Try it on an emulator set as 320x480x1 on Android 1.6.

I don't have a physical device on 1.6 to try.

Also I noticed that if Wrap is turned off, and the HSV Panel is not large enough, scrolling jumps to the end of the text and won't go back to the beginning, also does this on Android 2.1. On Android 2.3 it does what I would have expected and only displays the first part of the text. This one is not a big issue as the panel should be set big enough anyway.

Steve

Edit: Just had it happen on 2.1 as well. Still not 2.3 though.

Attachments

• HZSTest.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A bit more info, and you may have already discovered this, but if you amend the Project/Activity Properties and either turn off full screen or turn on Include title (or both) it behaves as expected.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK would it be appropriate/possible to raise some kind of warning if this occurs?

Upvote 0