Android Question Blank Screen

Multiverse app

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not sure why this issue occurs. When I open my device for the second time in some devices, only a blank screen appears. Activity_Create is not fired.

Log:
B4X:
** Activity (main) Pause, UserClosed = false **
** Service (starter) Create **
** Service (starter) Start **
** Service (starter) Create **

The Starter service is a sticky service.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170807-091216[1].png
    Screenshot_20170807-091216[1].png
    13.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot_20170807-091216[1].png
    Screenshot_20170807-091216[1].png
    13.1 KB · Views: 163

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It appears that if I do not start Starter service as a sticky service, the problem does not occur.
DO NOT use the starter and start sticky. Use another service than the starter and set the sticky sttribute in this service.
Do NOT start the starter manually.

Notes

• The Starter service is identified by its name. You can add a new service named Starter to an existing project and it will be the program entry point.
  • This is an optional feature. You can remove the Starter service.
  • You can call StopService(Me) in Service_Start if you don't want the service to keep on running. However this means that the service will not be able to handle events (for example you will not be able to use the asynchronous SQL methods).
  • The starter service should be excluded from compiled libraries. Its #ExcludeFromLibrary attribute is set to True by default.
  • The starter service should never be explicitly started. This means that if you want to start a service at boot then add a different service.

Upvote 0