Android Question Bluetooth connection problems with BLE library

Krammig

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately I don't have much knowledge of Bluetooth and am just a starter on B4A but I do have a lot of experience with VB6 and VB.net, hoping someone could point me in the right direction on this issue please.

I have two Bluetooth devices here and have tried to use the BLE Example app and Library to detect them and communicate.

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/ble-2-bluetooth-low-energy.59937/#content

However not having much luck. Each device does have it's own Eclipse style demo program and they work fine.

NOTE: It may be I am using the wrong demo app and wrong library to achieve my objective as I have read that BLE and Bluetooth are somewhat different ??

What I am seeing here using the BLE demo on the phone is

BLE State: POWERED ON

The Scan & Connect button is active, and when I press that the Log file reports as follows (see below)
The Disconnect button is never active (per log file I guess)
Status is always Not Connected
Read Data button is never active.

So, it would seem the device connects for an instant then disconnects.

a) should I be using a different library and example app for communicating with a standard Bluetooth device ? It is a card reader by the way.

b) or is there an issue somewhere else I should be looking for

Would appreciate comments
thanks

** Service (starter) Create **
** Service (starter) Start **
** Activity (main) Create, isFirst = true **
** Activity (main) Resume **
Found: MP100, 8C:DE:52:F1:B6:33, RSSI = -85, (MyMap) {1=[B@2ff21bd4, 9=[B@888a17d, 3=[B@270f0872, 10=[B@302584c3}
Disconnected
Found: MP100, 8C:DE:52:F1:B6:33, RSSI = -88, (MyMap) {1=[B@124139be, 9=[B@c51aa1f, 3=[B@1395116c, 10=[B@274f8335}
Disconnected
** Activity (main) Pause, UserClosed = true **
** Activity (main) Create, isFirst = false **
** Activity (main) Resume **
Found: Suppay_161510, 74:F8:DB:7D:20:FC, RSSI = -50, (MyMap) {1=[B@338c6eb, 2=[B@308a7c48, 10=[B@4850ae1, 9=[B@fc6006}
Disconnected

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you sure the device does support BLE2???

Upvote 0

Krammig

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply. Actually on your prompt I have gone back to the device and I think it is just a straight Bluetooth device, not BLE.
I might have to go back to the drawing board on this :)

Thanks for the clarity
Cheers

Upvote 0