Bringing an Old issue back and make it New

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

It has been discussed here on a few threads how to make a background ruuning app for the device...
But with the Desktop, its a completly diferent ball game...
Has anyone tryed it or made it work?
Any sugestions on how to achieve it?

dennishea

Licensed User
@agraham

I downloaded your reminder prg and really like it. On line 28 (Control"DateTimePicker2")2.Format = 8) the 2 doesn't
belong. Line 113 you have select case j, case shouldn't be there. Line 118
Case Is > 1, it gave an error with is in there so took it out. Line 131 Case Is <= 0, same thing as line 118. And lastly it will compile with optimized turned off but not with it on, something about key already added in dictionary
checkbox key trying to add checkbox. I'm not sure how to solve that one so I compiled without optimized.

dennishea

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@dennishea

yes, line 28 was a typo but it got through the earlier compilers - as did the issues with Case which was altered in version 6 to match the compiled version which uses the C# Case structure. I hadn't recompiled it with the newer compilers so I hadn't updated the source.

You need the updated ControlsExDesktop library to avoid the nameclash in optimised compile http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485 and I have updated the original reminder post with a new zip with the modified source and new libraries that DOES now compile optimised.

Thanks for pointing this out.

dennishea

Licensed User
I thank you, you are a good person to learn from, you and others on this forum. It's an easy to get along with community.

@edit: It still doesn't want to compile opitmized, windows xp pro kicks it out and wants to send error report. :sign0148:

dennishea :sign0188:

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I@edit: It still doesn't want to compile opitmized, windows xp pro kicks it out and wants to send error report.
I don't understand that. I have just taken the zip file I uploaded, unzipped it to an empty folder and it compiles optimised and runs fine under XP on my EEE PC laptop and under Vista on my desktop. Is there any error message?

dennishea

Licensed User
I'm sorry agraham, it was my fault. When I compiled the program it compiled fine, the mistake I made was I copied the exe to the folder that my desktop icon referenced and forgot to copy the new dll's with it so it was trying to use the old dll's. I am very sorry that I put you through this a secound time.
My deepest apology.

dennishea :signOops:

edit: I didn't explain post #6 quite right. It did compile ok.

Last edited: