Buttons,Text, ScrollBar & Save

VisitICRdotORG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello folks!
I'm going to try to make this as short as I can.
I'm completely new to programming and I've read much in the wiki, user's guide, beginner's guide, and the forum. I still don't know how to do this exactly. My plan is to learn how to do it, make the program, and then write a simple guide later for others that are at my level to quickly learn as well. So if you guys can help me to the finest detail, I will appreciate it.

Ok I'm trying to make a program for my Galaxy Note that allows me to take notes, and those notes are separated by different categories and topics.
Sample.jpg
BUTTONS (Imageview?)
Each category has a button with the image for that category. When a category button is pressed, a list of topics buttons shows up. Each topic also has a button with the image for that topic.
example:
In the image, the Suitcase is the category and i1 and i2 are the topics. When the category is pressed, automatically the first topic shows up ( doesn't have to but that's how I have it in the PowerPoint presentation.

The House is the second category, and so on...
The image above is just an example of program, the actual program has many more categories and topics.

TEXT
When the topic button is pressed, a text area for that topic appears, so I can write notes relating to that topic.

SCROLL BAR
I need to type a lot, so when the text would exceed the box limit I want to have a scroll bar to be able to scroll down to continue typing, or be able to use my finger to scroll down.

SAVE
When I finish typing I want to be able to save the file. If possible I would like the file saved as a notepad, wordpad or preferably MS Word format. The reason I want it saved into a word processor format is because I want to transfer all the notes to my computer when I get home.

KEYBOARD
A keyboard button would be a plus. A custom keyboard would be excellent.
I have a wireless keyboard that I plan to use.

EXIT
I would like also an Exit button that would send me back to android home screen.

I know this is a lot, but if I get a little from everybody I think I'll be able to get this accomplished in no time and then help others that are in need.

My problem with programming is that I don't know the code that I have to type and where I have to type it. I did the training for the Beginner's and User's guide, but it doesn't explain the science behind it. So I'm lost. It's like telling a 1st grader that 1+1=2 without first explaining what the digit "1" and "2" means and the "+" and "=" sign means.

I made a PowerPoint presentation but I cannot upload it since it's 1.17 mb (zip max is below that), so I uploaded it to my account at 4shared.com. Here is the link for download: example.ppsm - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - . ..

anallie0

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi,
that's not how you learn to program.
If you really want to learn you have to run all tests on evidence samples that are running them step by step.
Get the code for an entire application does not seem right because you would not understand the meaning.
Start writing something and then if you experiencing problems please ask.

:sign0098:

Upvote 0

ivanomonti

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
possible to have a download link easier, without having to systems with 4Shared

Upvote 0