Android Question CameraEx problem

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using the CameraEx class for pictures in my app.

I have some users where my app crashes when they attempt to open the picture activity. The app crashes when Activity.LoadLayout("CameraEx") is called.

my code is here:

Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)

Msgbox2("STOP POINT - before LoadLayout(CameraEx)"," Notice","OK","","",Null)
Activity.LoadLayout("CameraEx")
Msgbox2("STOP POINT - after LoadLayout(CameraEx)"," Notice","OK","","",Null)

The users who have this problem never get to the 2nd message box. They will see the 1st message box but then the app crashes with a "myapp has stopped working"

The layout for CameraEx has 2 variants and is locked for landscape only.

This does not happen to all users.

Chuck

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. Please use [CODE]code here...[/CODE] tags when posting code. YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT

codetag001.png

codetag002.png

codetag003.png

2. Post the complete Errormessage beside the code you are using (best is to upload a small example which shoes the problem). Hiding it will not help us to help you.

Upvote 0

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
the error message is "Unfortunately, Add_Name has stopped"

I cannot duplicate problem on my end so can only show what my customer(s) has sent me. So an example is not possible.

My question is what might cause the app to crash when the layout is loaded, only for some users, not all.

Upvote 0

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Attached is the layout file causing the crash - again, i cannot duplicate this but several users report the same problem.

Attachments

• cameraex.bal
    5.3 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0

cwt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay - I get it that you want an example regardless of the fact that I said I cannot duplicate the problem on my end.

How about a stab at my question "what might cause the app to crash when the layout is loaded, only for some users, not all."

If you cannot help me maybe someone else has a suggestion. I have been a professional software developer since 1976 but am fairly new to B4A - I know how this works and would too ask for an example but i cannot provide one.

Upvote 0