Android Question Can numeric keypad instantly show without click in Dialog box library code?

bodycode

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it possible to have the dialog box library input dialog box, immediately display itself, instead of needing to click on it first?

bodycode

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. I will definately check it out.

Regards,
bodycode

Is it possible to have the dialog box library input dialog box, immediately display itself, instead of needing to click on it first?

Upvote 0

bodycode

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't really seem to find adequate documentation for it. Can "input.decimal..." etc etc be used? I need to know exactly how, as soon as the dialog box code is called, make the android keypad pop up, ready for input?

Is it possible to give me an example? Any more docs for it?

Thank in advance.

Regards,
bodycode.

PS: This is a numeric-only, decimal number/calculation project that really needs the ability to return the result as a double or float, and, an input filter that dis-allows all other characters automatically within it's library?

Thank you.

For this, you should try the BetterDialogs library.

Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't really seem to find adequate documentation for it. Can "input.decimal..." etc etc be used? I need to know exactly how, as soon as the dialog box code is called, make the android keypad pop up, ready for input?

Is it possible to give me an example? Any more docs for it?

Thank in advance.

Regards,
bodycode.

PS: This is a numeric-only, decimal number/calculation project that really needs the ability to return the result as a double or float, and, an input filter that dis-allows all other characters automatically within it's library?

Thank you.
Each function and each property have a documentation, so what is not documented?
Did you see the OpenKeyboard parameter of CustomDialog ?

Upvote 0

bodycode

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah... Ya lost me there buddy, sorry. I was talking about betterdialogs, then you mention customdialog, and then, you mention openkeyboard. Can you tell me, specifically, how all this connects? Thanks. BTW I'm not really a "programmer" per-se, and I'm having very severe difficulties connecting all the dots with B4A in general, in all the docs. It's kinda spread out and kinda everywhere.

Also, the docs for betterdialogs doesn't seem to mention openkeyboard? I'm confused.

Each function and each property have a documentation, so what is not documented?
Did you see the OpenKeyboard parameter of CustomDialog ?

Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was talking about betterdialogs, then you mention customdialog, and then, you mention openkeyboard.

BetterDialogs have four functions and one of them is CustomDialog. OpenKeyboard is one of the parameters of CustomDialog.
When you're in the IDE and start typing, a window opens and presents the various functions of the class (when you type the point) or the documentation of the function (when you type the parenthesis).

That being said, I'm not sure that I fully understood your question.

Upvote 0

bodycode

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'd like to present a dialog box that accepts decimal numbers, and then, assign the value you input into the number field, to a float or double-type variable. I'm also mystified as to why all the dialogs load! Why is that? I kinda understand what I"m looking at, but not fully.

BetterDialogs have four functions and one of them is CustomDialog. OpenKeyboard is one of the parameters of CustomDialog.
When you're in the IDE and start typing, a window opens and presents the various functions of the class (when you type the point) or the documentation of the function (when you type the parenthesis).

That being said, I'm not sure that I fully understood your question.

Upvote 0