iOS Question CFBundleIdentifier

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
Would someone please clarify what they did to correct this error?

No software with CFBundleIdentifier of 'com.MarkTurneyPhotography.FaceFlashcards' exists. Verify your bundle identifier is correct. If it is, you may need to log into iTunes Connect to create the application. For the life of me, I am just not seeing what I am doing wrong.

BTW - I am using the Application Loader on a virtual box in Mac In Cloud. I have deleted and recreated the app, re-compiled, re-downloaded, etc .... :eek:

Thanks in advance!
Mark

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
Got it fixed ... stand by please! Creating screenshots as a "hopefully" last step. As soon as I successfully submit my app, I will post a tutorial.

Thanks again!
Mark

Upvote 0

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
upload_2014-12-15_8-19-22.png

OK - I drank Apple's "cool-aid", and my app is now "waiting for approval" ... woohoo:)!

What I finally did to get this IMHO unnecessarily complex process complete (Apple's fault, not B4i ... Erel's products are fantastic):
1) In B4i, I created a new Build Configuration with the name com.MarkTurneyPhotography.FF to match what I would re-do on the Apple Developer website.
2) Created a new signing key in B4i.
3) Went back to Apple, deleted my existing distribution cert and provisioning profiles.
4) Still on Apple, created a new distribution cert and provisioning profile, then downloaded them to my PC.
5) In B4i, recompiled my app using the new key, provisioning profile, and cert .... so that everything is as I have come to call it "drinking the same batch of Apple's cool-aid". Can you tell this process irritated the sh1t out of me :mad:?
6) Downloaded the *.ipa to my PC.
7) Emailed the *.ipa to myself, in order to get it to the virtual Mac on the Mac In Cloud service I am using.
8) On the virtual Mac, used the Application Loader to upload to Apple - FINALLY worked!
9) Went to the iTunes Connect site, and completed any remaining tasks like my demographic information. One extra step that I to complete is creating screenshots for the different supported devices. Because I created my app to "auto-scale", I figured that it would be fine to simply take the actual screenshots from my iPAD and scale them in Photoshop to the various dimensions. I created separate folders for the various device screens in order to keep everything organized. Here are the dimensions from Apple's documentation: 4" - 640x1096, 4.7" - 750x1334, 5.5" - 1242x2208, iPOD - 640x920.
10) Submitted the App!

I hope this summary helps someone to not want to commit hari-kari :eek:....

Mark Turney
Ocala, FL
Developer of Face Flashcards, on the Google Play store and hopefully soon Apple's store

Upvote 0

ciginfo

Licensed User
Longtime User
At home it still does not work. I changed the screen capture formats to place them in the corresponding tabs. Always the error message ven in the Application Loader " No No software with CFBundleIdentifier of 'com.ciginfo.kindabreak' exists. Verify your bundle identifier is correct. If it is, you may need to log into iTunes Connect to create the application
An Idea?

Upvote 0

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you try creating a new signing key in B4i, then use that key to create a new provisioning file on iTunes Connect? Make sure you methodically go through the steps above to avoid "chasing your tail". That's what helped me.

Hope this helps o_O!

Upvote 0

ciginfo

Licensed User
Longtime User
You want to say I must to change "com.ciginfo.kindabreak" in B4i Project ->Build Configurations -> Package?
If this is the case, it's complicated because my app uses geolocation to GoogleMaps and need a Google apikey dedicated to "com.ciginfo.kindabreak".

Upvote 0

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
I should clarify. I don't think (although would love some others to chime in) that you necessarily need a new signing key. I think the important part is to use your existing signing key to create a new provisioning file. My route would be to make sure to go through again just to make sure everything matches.

Upvote 0

ciginfo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have perhaps to delete my application in Itunes Connect, and restart after creating a new distribution cert.

Upvote 0