1. *** New version of B4J is available ***
    B4J v7.8
    Dismiss Notice

Change home screen icon grid size?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mark35at, Aug 30, 2019.

1. mark35at

mark35at Well-Known Member Licensed User

The icons on the phone screen are arranged in a grid (My Cubot Note S is a 5 x 5 grid for example). Some phones, LG or Samsung I think, allow the user to change the grid size.

A friend who really likes his iPhone would like to make a smaller grid so that he can see the icons better without glasses.

I wondered if there is a method / way / library which can do this in Android and/or iOS?

It would be necessary to change the grid size and the size of the icons. Any ideas?

2. mark35at

In english please!! :)

LucaMs likes this.
  3. mangojack

mangojack Well-Known Member Licensed User

I try to steer clear of all things Apple 'ish ...

A google search shows ways of making the icons smaller .. but the grid resize thing seems to involve jailbreaking the device.

edit .. this probably applies to Android as well ... many hits on how to change icon size ... but the grid size is another matter.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  4. mark35at

Oh dear, one bucket of sympathy please. Oops sorry sold out! :D

LucaMs likes this.
  5. AnandGupta

AnandGupta Active Member Licensed User

Grid size is controlled/changes by the launcher, mine Nova. All launcher I presume has this features.
    You do not have to do any thing in the app for it.

Regards,

Anand

DonManfred and mangojack like this.
  6. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

I recommend the Evie launcher on Android. I use it on all my devices so I have a consistent experience across them all. It is elegantly simple and allows you to change the grid size both on the home screen and in the list of applications.

mark35at likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice