Android Question Changed Package Name, now getting Class not found messages

Steve Miller

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm working on getting the update program working with my app and one of the steps is to find the name of the package by selecting Project, then Package Name, from the drop down menus. When I did that, I noticed the package name was "b4a.example". I started this app from a demo app I downloaded from the site. So, I decided to change the name to something more along the lines of what the app is, "b4a.CustomerTablet". Now, when I run the app, the logs are showing the following message:

B4X:
Class not found: b4a.example.anotherdatepicker, trying: b4a.CustomerTablet.anotherdatepicker
Class not found: b4a.example.customlistview, trying: b4a.CustomerTablet.customlistview
Class not found: b4a.example.anotherdatepicker, trying: b4a.CustomerTablet.anotherdatepicker
Class not found: b4a.example.customlistview, trying: b4a.CustomerTablet.customlistview

Obviously, it's finding the classes, but I'd like it to work correctly. How can I fix this?

Steve Miller

Licensed User
Longtime User
I found the problem. I had to go back to my layouts and locate the customlistviews and fix the CustomType value. It changes it in there to the old class name. I just went in and reselected the correct class and now it's all good.

Upvote 0

Steve Miller

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, glad it was that simple. :) Thanks for reply. I actually did have to clean up the project. I had some unused files.

Upvote 0