B4A Library [Chargeable] StartApp SDK wrapper

MaxApps

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this an update to the one that I already bought?

Kind regards
Jakob

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Nelson for very good lib. Recommended!

vpires

Licensed User
Longtime User
A butchered version of Erel smiley gameview demo, cannibalized with startApp ads all over the place (splash, slider, interstitial and banners).

This is InApp Plus sdk (the one that pays for installs)

B4A project : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57952276/StartAppDemo.zip
Apk : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57952276/StartAppDemo.apk

upload_2014-5-22_1-38-7.png

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just wanted to share my experience with you guys. I've been using this wrapper for startapp for about 3 weeks now. I am also using some other ad networks... but this is by far the most profitable of them all.
I probably at some point will post more details about what I have done/published... I am very new to this and i am still learning... but here's a quick summary of my experience with startapp.

- I thought the pay-per-download was going to be the most profitable of all, but its not. On some apps I see about 13-20% of my revenue coming from this. This might have to do with were my downloads are mostly originating from (non-US = lower rates).
- The banners look amazing... but like every other banner, they don't have a a high ecpm and don't generate much revenue (people automatically ignore them). around 1-4.5% of my revenue is coming from this.
- The interstitial ads, exit ads, and the appwalls are all good, the 3D app wall looks great... 32%+ of my revenue comes from this.
- The slider/search thing is not bad looking, but it does not seem to be getting people's attention. Not too many impressions reported, maybe because of the type of apps I have (lwp - why would anyone use a search button in an lwp settings... lol). I get almost the same revenue as the banners and even less in some apps.
- The splash screen... what can I say about the splash screen... simply AMAZING. About 50%+ comes from the splash screen. If you intend on using startapp I highly recommend this. Most of my downloads are not from prime markets like the U.S., yet my ecpm for splash is in the $6+.

I will give a full review with numbers once I get more time and more data...

Nelson has been very helpful in helping me learn how to integrate this (since I am so new to all this). His library works well, the only thing I found missing are the native ads (I don't know much about them)... Note that I have used this wrapper to run StartAppInAppPlus version 2.3.6 (released on June 16 2014), all I had to do was change the name of the jar file... I hope this library is updated if/when startapp decides to change it after the end of July...

FYI:
I don't work for Nelson (vpires), startapp, nor am I getting anything from anyone by posting this...

Alberto Iglesias

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ola Nelson, ja não falamos a algum tempo não é?

Uma dúvida: Estou buscando uma plataforma para ADS, mas não estou bem certo qual escolher, Porque voce escolheu o STARTAPP? tem algum motivo especial? pagam mais?

Porque se o StartApp for ideal e pelo que vi, sua biblioteca é bem facil de utilizar correto? Se for assim já compro sua biblioteca

Muito Obrigado

Alberto

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Lately Erel teached me that improper use of doevents my cause ANR errors .

Here is some sample code of Vpires ads library example .
The app is stucked into the loop and and after restart the layout is not loading any more .
Issue is pressent when no connection is acctive.

I recomend using just ad.onbackpressed
The library seems to work just fine only the code below is not correctly used

Vpires do not sit back and watch ...we agree to pay for support as we agreed to pay for your library .We depend on you guys ....helps us out
I just wished you could fix or track the return ads function.

B4X:
Sub b100_click

ad.loadAd(ad.ADMODE_FULLPAGE)
    Do While ad.isReady=False
        DoEvents
    Loop
    ad.interstitial

End Sub

Sub b101_click
    ad.loadAd(ad.ADMODE_OFFERWALL)
        DoEvents
    Loop
    ad.interstitial

End Sub

Sub b102_click
    ad.loadAd(ad.ADMODE_OVERLAY)
        DoEvents
    Loop
    ad.interstitial

End Sub

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wonder when will StartApp start to officially provide wrapper for B4A?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Their wrapper only allow to place banner at Top or Bottom. And it's very buggy because it uses RelativeLayout which B4A does not need. I asked StartApp to fix it but they seem do not want to do it.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
@hookshy , can you send email to StartApp to ask they fix the wrapper? I think they will fix it soon if there's many B4A users ask them.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
@hookshy , can you send email to StartApp to ask they fix the wrapper? I think they will fix it soon if there's many B4A users ask them.

Yes I will , I have send them a suport request for a bug and I will put this problem on their schedule
I did tested latest version but I can not use it , due to this banner shit top bottom and middle position I have to turn my app up side down to put their banner to the bottom ...it sucks indeed
I have came to a older wraper found on forum that seems to work and has the old banner position procedure where you define it as in b4a as a normal imageview