B4J Question chatGPT

ivanomonti

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone, I'm not very knowledgeable about socket or HTML issues, but I'm developing an app that queries ChatGPT. However, when I open and close the connection, I lose the context of my request on ChatGPT, which doesn't happen when using the chat.openai.com page. Could you please give me a solution?

Thank you.

epiCode

Licensed User
When making your first query to the API, you should include a unique identifier for the conversation in the session_id parameter. This identifier can be any string that you choose, such as a UUID or a user ID.

Then, for subsequent queries, you should use the same session_id value as before. This will allow the API to link the new query to the previous conversation and use it as context for generating the response.

Upvote 0

magicmars

Licensed User
As mentionned in this video, you can use the parameter "assistant" to remind about the discussion :

In the official API there are 3 important roles :

- "system" (use to define GPT answering context),
- "user" (User query)
- "assistant" (remind conversation)

You have to combine all of 3 parameters in a api query :

This is very well explained here (it for python, but it's the same for CURL) :

Hope this help.

Upvote 0

ivanomonti

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When making your first query to the API, you should include a unique identifier for the conversation in the session_id parameter. This identifier can be any string that you choose, such as a UUID or a user ID.

Then, for subsequent queries, you should use the same session_id value as before. This will allow the API to link the new query to the previous conversation and use it as context for generating the response.
I'm having difficulty figuring out where to insert these parameters using HTTP. Thank you.

B4X:
        Dim m As Map = CreateMap("n":1,"stop":"None","model": "text-davinci-003", "prompt": Text,"max_tokens":350,"temperature":0.2)
        Dim js As JSONGenerator
        js.Initialize(m)
        Dim req As HttpJob
        req.Initialize("",Me)
        req.PostString("https://api.openai.com/v1/completions",js.ToString)
        req.GetRequest.SetHeader("Authorization", GPT3_AUTH)
        req.GetRequest.SetHeader("OpenAI-Organization", GPT3_ORG)
        req.GetRequest.SetContentType("application/json")
        Wait For (req) JobDone(req As HttpJob)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

epiCode

Licensed User
Try this:
B4X:
        Dim m As Map = CreateMap("n":1,"stop":"None","model": "text-davinci-003", "session_id": "5d050000-4ce3-2184-8c55-eb7a59ee0000", "prompt": Text,"max_tokens":350,"temperature":0.2)

Upvote 0

ivanomonti

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Try this:
B4X:
        Dim m As Map = CreateMap("n":1,"stop":"None","model": "text-davinci-003", "session_id": "5d050000-4ce3-2184-8c55-eb7a59ee0000", "prompt": Text,"max_tokens":350,"temperature":0.2)

code:
        'Dim m As Map = CreateMap("n":1,"stop":"None","model": "text-davinci-003", "prompt": Text.Trim,"max_tokens":350,"temperature":0.2)
        Dim js As JSONGenerator
        js.Initialize(m)
        Dim req As HttpJob
        req.Initialize("",Me)
        req.PostString("https://api.openai.com/v1/completions",js.ToString)
        req.GetRequest.SetHeader("Authorization", GPT3_AUTH)
        req.GetRequest.SetHeader("OpenAI-Organization", GPT3_ORG)
        req.GetRequest.SetContentType("application/json")
        Wait For (req) JobDone(req As HttpJob)

Error:
Waiting for debugger to connect...
Program started.
Call B4XPages.GetManager.LogEvents = True to enable logging B4XPages events.
(Http client initialized with accept all option.)
ResponseError. Reason: , Response: {
  "error": {
    "message": "Unrecognized request argument supplied: session_id",
    "type": "invalid_request_error",
    "param": null,
    "code": null
  }
}

Upvote 0