Chrome: Foggy fonts (again)

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In Chrome (newest version) the fonts are foggy. I thought this was an old issue. IE shows all nice and smooth. Anyone else with this "feature"?

Ebay & Amazon are ok - some German newspapers, B4x and some other websites look "crap". Any ideas?

Chrome
Font.JPG

IE
Font2.JPG

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had the same issue with my computer a while back. (back when I upgraded to Windows 8) All the fonts was blurry and hard to read. I found it also happened with many programs not just Chrome. I thought it was my graphics card and thought it was a driver issue but then did a quick Google search and found many people were having the same issue after upgrading to Windows 8 and above. (Windows 7 it was fine)

I had to tick 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' and it seem to fix the issue. I had to do this for all programs that had blurry text.

Simply right mouse click on the Chrome icon and choose Properties and then click on the Compatibility tab and then tick 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' then click Apply. You may need to restart Chrome for it to take effect. Now my text was fine and easy to read. Maybe this might help you as well ?

upload_2016-8-9_8-50-49.png