Android Question Circular Progress

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am currently using the iCircularProgress in my iOS app and I am looking for something that looks very similar to work in in my B4A app.

In my B4i app I have the Circular Progress like:

upload_2017-2-14_19-16-54.png

Has anyone come across any library's that will allow me to create a circular progress like above in B4A ?

I did come across PercentProgressBar but that seems to show a percentage number which I don't want, and when I set the text size to 0 it has a space between the background and the blue part of the process.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
SS-2017-02-14_17.13.48.png

B4X:
ProgressDialogShow2($"Synchronizing with cloud.
This may take a moment to complete."$, False)

In the next version:
SS-2017-02-14_17.22.10.png

B4X:
Dim cs As CSBuilder
cs.Initialize.Bold.Size(20).Append("Synchronizing with cloud").Pop.Pop
cs.Append(CRLF).Append("This may take a moment To complete.")
ProgressDialogShow2(cs, False)

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
SS-2017-02-14_17.13.48.png

B4X:
ProgressDialogShow2($"Synchronizing with cloud.
This may take a moment to complete."$, False)

In the next version:
SS-2017-02-14_17.22.10.png

B4X:
Dim cs As CSBuilder
cs.Initialize.Bold.Size(20).Append("Synchronizing with cloud").Pop.Pop
cs.Append(CRLF).Append("This may take a moment To complete.")
ProgressDialogShow2(cs, False)

Thanks for those suggestions. Only thing is it doesn't let me set the progress value and the progress spinner just spins around and around.

I could get away with the one you suggested providing I could set the progress value.

Syncing with the cloud could take a few seconds, but if it takes 15-20 seconds and that message box displays then the user might think the connection was lost since nothing has changed. By changing the progress value (by it increasing) it will help, as the user would see something moving if it takes longer than normal.

( by the way, what library is CSBuilder ? )

I found a java script which most likely do what I am try to do. Hopefully someone can wrap it so we can use it in B4A - https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/circularprogressbar.76217/

Last edited:
Upvote 0