Share My Creation Classical Music Radio Player

Hi all...

This is my attempt at making something using service modules and not a game :p

It is a music player which plays the top 100 classical songs from Jamendo.com.

Please make sure your are either in wifi connection or that you have unlimited internet access for your mobile as this app streams songs onto your phone.

Once a song is selected, the service module kicks in, and a notification is added to your notification area. So the song should continue playing even after you close the app.

To stop it, you need to click on the notification icon, which will launch the app, and you can click the stop button there.

Time spent from scratch to completion: about 6 hours :D Great enough for me, made possible by B4A!

Next stage: widgets to control playback from home screen.

Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.madelephantstudios.classicalradio&feature=search_result

Cheers!

Attachments

• radio1.jpg
    radio1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 7,420
  • radio2.jpg
    radio2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 314
  • radio3.jpg
    radio3.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice!!!

A couple of observations:

1- You should put a logo or something on the picture in order to avoid a silly looking "white square" (see attached pic)

2- Find out the size of the screen and place the ad at the bottom, in my case (EVO 4G), as you can see on the attached pic the ad is not at the very bottom.

Good music, especially the "sad ones" those are always the best. :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 275

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice!!!

A couple of observations:

1- You should put a logo or something on the picture in order to avoid a silly looking "white square" (see attached pic)

2- Find out the size of the screen and place the ad at the bottom, in my case (EVO 4G), as you can see on the attached pic the ad is not at the very bottom.

Good music, especially the "sad ones" those are always the best. :D

Thank you for the feedback.

1 - I totally agree. It also should reflect some other picture when changing the song, currently the previously selected song image is shown until the enw one is loaded.

2 - Whoops! Will fix the layout too.... thanks for the screenshot... really helpful!

Cheers!

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looking good now.

You know, I would rather use a "ProgressDialogShow" when loading a song instead of a "ToastMessageShow", just my opinion.

Thank you for helping to check it out.

Another brilliant idea... ok, will implement the progressdialog instead... thanks a bunch!

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
and the first post is updated with progressdialog instead... the beauty of posting in this forums... your app / game improves with the valuable feedback...

thank you NJDude!

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

Remember my adventure? I mentioned about milking the cow? Here is a sample of it in action (no cows were harmed in the making)..

I have a few music apps in the market (just release metal this week and techno today).

Give it a go...

Classical <---- my favourite growth chart!

Rock

Metal

Techno

In the pipeline... a whole lot more genres!

Cheers!