[closed] B4i Help getting app through app review

yonson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an app which I've been sending to the app store since FEbruary for review, and it constantly gets rejected. I'm now totally out of ideas and don't have much experience on the iphone platform, and apple are being unhelpful.

The app is already out on android using B4A and works great (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.iyork.iyork_android&hl=en_GB), and the B4i app works fine on the testing / release platforms here, but fails on the app review for crashing and also failing on UI guidelines.

I need help from someone just to get this through the app review. Should hopefully be a short piece of work to identify the problems and implement the fixes, please get in touch for more info at [email protected]

Thanks

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what is the reason for rejection??

apple always send a detailed msg why your app was rejected...

yonson

Licensed User
Longtime User
strangely enough as its now been rejected 6 different times the reasons keep on changing. But in summary the app is crashing / hanging when on their test platform, however we've been unable to recreate the crashes on our release version of the app, and their crash logs aren't that easy to understand without an extensive knowledge of xcode / objective C which I don't have.

Also, it says it breaks Apples UI guidelines, I can understand why they might not like the design but its identical to that on Android, and the guidelines for the UI compliance reads like something out of war and peace, I was utterly confused by the end.

I have no issues with Apples review process but they're totally unhelpful in explaining the issues in a way that i can actually replicate and fix.

Heres the full report:-

• 2.1 - Apps that crash will be rejected
  • 2.2 - Apps that exhibit bugs will be rejected
  • 2.16 - Multitasking Apps may only use background services for their intended purposes: VoIP, audio playback, location, task completion, local notifications, etc.
  • 10.6 - Apple and our customers place a high value on simple, refined, creative, well thought through interfaces. They take more work but are worth it. Apple sets a high bar. If your user interface is complex or less than very good, it may be rejected
10.6 Details

We noticed that after relaunching your app several screens of your app were crowded or laid out in a way that made it difficult to use your app.

We’ve attached screenshots for your reference. These screenshots represent some examples of this problem but may not represent all instances of this issue.

Next Steps

Please revise your app to ensure that the content and controls on the screen are easy to read and interact with.

Resources

For more information, please review the following resources on the iOS Developer Center page:

- UI Dos and Don'ts

- iOS 7 UI Transition Guide

- iOS Human Interface Guidelines

- UIKit User Interface Catalog

2.1 Details

Also during review, your app crashed on iPad running iOS 8.4.1 when:

the more info button is tapped on the map

This occurred when your app was used:
- On Wi-Fi

We have attached detailed crash logs to help troubleshoot this issue.

Next Steps

Please revise your app and test it on a device to ensure that it runs as expected.

Resources

For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Tech Note TN2151 Understanding and Analyzing iPhone OS Application Crash Reports.

If you have difficulty reproducing this issue, please try testing the workflow described in Testing Workflow with Xcode's Archive feature.

If you have code-level questions after utilizing the above resources, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:
- complete details of your rejection issue(s)
- screenshots
- steps to reproduce the issue(s)
- symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log

2.2 Details

We also discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad running iOS 8.4.1 on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks.

Specifically, under the "Time Traveler" tab the content did not load.

Next Steps

Please run your app on a device to identify the issue(s), then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in the Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s). For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s).

2.16 Details

Additionally, your app declares support for audio in the UIBackgroundModes key in your Info.plist, but we were unable to play any audible content when the application was running in the background.

Next Steps

The audio key is intended for use by applications that provide audible content to the user while in the background, such as music player or streaming audio applications. Please revise your app to provide audible content to the user while the app is in the background or remove the "audio" setting from the UIBackgroundModes key.

Resources

If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow described in Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce bugs reported against App Store submissions.

If you have code-level questions after utilizing the above resources, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:
- complete details of your rejection issue(s)
- screenshots
- steps to reproduce the issue(s)
- symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log

yonson

Licensed User
Longtime User
out of interest just to update this forum to help anyone else, after putting through some different versions with a lot of functionality removed, apple have now approved the very same app that they rejected back in August. So it turns out the 'crashes' etc were non existant. What a joke;)