Android Question Cloud Firestore - Maven artifact not found - com.google.protobuf/protobuf-javalite

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to get Don Manfred's Cloud Firestore example working.

I went to his drop box and downloaded FiresbaseFirestore v.067 and the Addlibs.zip.

Installed everything and keep getting this Maven artifact not found - com.google.protobuf/protobuf-javalite

Just do not know where to get this file

NOTE: I've reinstalled the command line tools and resources as per directions (even used 7-zip) and no luck

Can anyone tell me where to find this library?

BobVal

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
When i search in sdk manager all I get is this

1602339858331.png

Very frustrating

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not to my knowledge. Its something in the FiresbaseFirestore v.067 example that is. OR are you saying the example is Old and not to use it?

Upvote 0

johndb

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Library AND example are OLD, not uptodate to the newest SDK; and not maintained any longer.
Do not expect any more answers.
Unfortunately, this isn't the first library wrapper that is no longer supported by the wrapper's publisher. I would suggest that the publisher (@DonManfred) or @Erel remove the library's thread or tag the thread as being "DO NO USE" in order to stop having other developers like @Robert Valentino waste their time.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately, this isn't the first library wrapper that is no longer supported by the wrapper's publisher. I would suggest that the publisher (@DonManfred) or @Erel remove the library's thread or tag the thread as being "DO NO USE" in order to stop having other developers like @Robert Valentino waste their time.
The Thread ALREADY IS moved to the old library archive! It can not be found by the search engine.

Upvote 0