Coming to the USA !!

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,

My daughter and son-in-law are coming over to the USA later this month.

They are flying to New York then taking an RV to Niagra Falls. Any tips or thoughts would be most welcome.

Neil

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,

They are flying to New York then taking an RV to Niagra Falls. Any tips or thoughts would be most welcome.

Neil

They will pass right through my neck of the woods. Friends from England recently made the same trip - they were surprised at how far it was, expect a good 8 hour drive, but they thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Barry.

Upvote 0

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
They will pass right through my neck of the woods. Friends from England recently made the same trip - they were surprised at how far it was, expect a good 8 hour drive, but they thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Barry.

Thanks Barry, They are prepared for a long drive ! They are going with friends so they have a couple of drivers.

8 hours drive from where to where ?

neil

Upvote 0

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Barry, They are prepared for a long drive ! They are going with friends so they have a couple of drivers.

8 hours drive from where to where ?

neil

Here is a post I found on the net with good info:

cazenovia and skeneateles are exactly what your looking for. cobleskill as mentioned above is also great. howes cavern is memorable. check these places out. obviously, you want to take the I90 from NYC to Albany to Buffalo, and then the 290 from Buffalo to the Falls.....none of these places are directly on the thruway but are close to it. definately check them out.

Here is an estimate Google map:
I-278 E to I-190 N - Google Maps

They say 6 hrs 47 min. I would plan 7.5 to 8 hrs.

Barry.

Upvote 0

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,

They are flying to New York then taking an RV to Niagara Falls. Any tips or thoughts would be most welcome.

Neil

When they get to Niagara Falls definitely visit the Canadian side which is much nicer.

Upvote 0