Android Question Compiling B4A generated java files to apk

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Erel
I want to compiling my b4a app generated java source files to apk using command line.
because my client request a java source code, he doesn't know b4a and doesn't know vb, he is a java developer.
So he can change java files from notepad++, but he doesn't know how to compile to apk?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to compiling my b4a app generated java source files to apk using command line.
There is no way to compile changed java files to a apk with b4a.

You need to compile them by yourself using the android build tools. Also you need to sign and so. I don´t know exactly what steps are needed for this.

I just use B4A and press F5 and wait for the apk :)

Upvote 0

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why it is important for us?
See this app it is little app we can produce it in a matter of minutes using B4A, How can we sell its source code with a little cost of 29$ !! If we sell it as it B4A source, the buyers should buy b4a ide with more than 150+$ and must learn VB!

How can we solve this matter?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it is java source code!
I KNOW!
Use Android compiling tools to compile them. You can play with android studio and look at the log. There are compiling commandlines shown. Don´t know if all needed can be seen there. It is not interesting for me; if i do a wrap i using android studio to compile to aar and then i usually use Eclipse to write a java wrapper to do a b4a lib.
Write the code in java and sell the Android Studio project with it´s sources.

btw: a B4A Standard llicense is $59. The version you get can be used unlimited time. You just only get two months of updates.

Away from that the generated java code depends on jar files which you are not allowed to sell because they are owned by Anywheresoftware. Even if you are able to compile the java sources using android build tools. You can not give away this jars.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why it is important for us?
See this app it is little app we can produce it in a matter of minutes using B4A, How can we sell its source code with a little cost of 29$ !! If we sell it as it B4A source, the buyers should buy b4a ide with more than 150+$ and must learn VB!

Was this app created using B4A?

Walter

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Was this app created using B4A?
I want to compiling my b4a app generated java source files to apk

He wrote an app using B4A.
Compiled it.

Give the javasource to someone other which use it in Android studio or so.

Then he want to compile the sources again (changed).

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
He wrote an app using B4A.
Compiled it.

Give the javasource to someone other which use it in Android studio or so.

Then he want to compile the sources again (changed).
Yes, i get that, I mean the app that he's pointing a link to, i downloaded it and installed in my phone and it seems like a very good developed App but i don't think it was developed in B4A.

See here

Walter

Upvote 0