Android Question Computer Failure, can't install B4A on another computer...

almontgreen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Turned on computer this AM and boom, with a flash of light the motherboard went dead.

I have an emergency backup computer I'm trying to install B4A on and when I try to run there is error message and program won't launch. Argh. Of course, in a hurry and need a quick compile.

Is there a license issue or something I've forgot about? Very old versions will load and run, but the latest version B4A - 6 won't run. Guess I have to run out and buy a new computer. :>(

I saw a post where a similar thing happened to somebody and he was referred to support and no info on what the deal was. The post asked if he was running a cracked version. I tried the trial version and it wouldn't run either. Could I have a virus? I ran Kasperskey and nothing was detected.

almontgreen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually, there just was something wrong with the computer I was trying to install on. I set up a different computer and no problems at all.

The error had nothing to do with the license - it wouldn't start the application and I suspect it was something to do with .NET which has been a huge problem with my "emergency" machine which runs Windows Test Mode so as to load "non Microsoft approved" drivers.

This forum is awesome - one of the best, and I really appreciate the people here. Hopefully, I will be able to contribute to the knowledge base as I learn more. At any rate, it wasn't worth the time to investigate the problem with the install given the issues with the machine I was trying to install onto.

Upvote 0