Confusing MouseOver Data

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DieterR, Sep 6, 2007.

1. DieterR

DieterR Member Licensed User

I am just working with the new 5.5 IDE for the first time and was realy confused about the following behaviour in the debug mode:

1.) When the mouse pointer is moved over a variable that contains a string starting with '<' then the IDE interprets it as XML and shows the error message 'The XML was improperly formated. Please escape if necessary.'
    If the string contains a complete XML sequence like '<trk></trk>' then no data (an empty string), e.g. 'x=' is shown.
    This might be a nice feature when I work with true XML data, but I wish I could disable it.

2.) Not a real problem is the following effect: If I use a variable called 'i' and I'm moving with the mouse pointer over any 'i' of 'End If' then the content of the variable i is shown. But it is not shown if 'If' stands at the begin of a line. This effect can also be observed with many other variable names.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice