Connect Wireless quit connecting

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been using Connect Wireless with my Toshiba Thrive for a long time and not had any problem until today. It will no longer connect. As far as I know, nothing in my setup has changed in the last day.

B4A-Bridge says "Waiting for connections."
I click Connect - Wireless in B4A on the PC, double-check the IP# and click Ok.
I don't get any error messages, just "B4A-Bridge: Disconnected" down in the corner.
I try multiple times and the result is the same.
I tried restarting B4A, then rebooting the tablet, then rebooting the PC.
I can get on the Internet with both my PC and the tablet.

Any ideas?

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nope, just the one B4A open. I have two tablets, but the 2nd one is via USB and I'm still using it, but I prefer testing on the 10" Toshiba which is the one using Wireless.

I've done dumb things before like not entering the correct IP#, but like I said, I double-checked that and am sure I'm entering the right number. I believe Bridge tells you if you don't have a good WiFi connection.

This just came out of nowhere and I've restarted everything, so I just can't imagine what the problem could be.

I just noticed that the Log tab is connected to the USB tablet. I wonder if that could affect making a Wireless connection.

I'm about to the point where I think I should reinstall software, but I'll wait to see what Erel has to say.

Last edited:

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm back on.

I had my tablet connected to the router in my study, but when I disconnected from that and connected to the router in the living room, then Bridge connected on the first try.

I know the study router connection was working because I could access the Internet, so I have no idea why I suddenly couldn't connect to B4A Bridge while using it. Oh well...

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
It finally dawned on me to try unplugging and replugging my study router. Did that and I can now connect via Bridge with that router. Didn't think of it at first because I was able to get on that router and onto the Internet, just could not connect via Bridge. But since that was the only thing I hadn't tried, I did it anyway, and there we go...

Last edited: