Android Question Cooperative development

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've previously asked about the possibility of late binding plugins in B4A, but that seems problematic on Android.

So, I wonder, what is the best way to handle several developers, possibly in different locations, on the same project?

Sure, a CVS would help, but still, it's different to provide sufficient isolation that way, as changes would frequently have to be made within the same files by several devs (especially if it's a one/few activity app, with complicated activities). Every check-in would be a nightmare of merges.

In the VB or .Net world, I would resort to user controls, but here, there is no such things. Sure, one could define layouts, but there is no separation of code, everything still gets tossed in the same bucket. Regions could probably help a bit, provided there is a well thought out structure to the code, but it still feels like a halfway solution, at best.
So, how would you go about something like this?

(...and, yes, I have an idea for a project in mind. I'll tell about it as soon as I've beaten it a bit more into shape.)

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Classes and structure help a lot, but they still need to be attached somewhere, and that becomes problematic. Carefully designed class interfaces help a lot, though.

I don't think that merges can be completely avoided no matter what, I just don't want to get stuck in some downard merge spiral of lethal doom.

Upvote 0