copy file from DirInternal to USB-flash disk

petr4ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear friends, please very much,

I am trying to COPY files from DirInternal to USB flash disk which I put to the USB in my tablet

I am trying this....

B4X:
  File.Copy(File.DirInternal, "name_" & idofname& ".jpg", File.DirDefaultExternal, "name_"& idofname & ".jpg")

please what specification have :

1) SD card and - File.ExternalWritable?
2) USB flash disk - File.DirDefaultExternal?

I have no file on my external storage....I cant do copy, please very much, help me,
thank you p4ppc

petr4ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear NJDude, thank for your answer,

I am trying now
B4X:
File.Copy(File.DirInternal, "name_" & idofname& ".jpg", File.DirRootExternal, "name_"& idofname & ".jpg")

but on my Flash USB I have nothing... is DirRootExternal right specification of my USB flash disk?
thank you
p4ppc

Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
DirRootExternal and DirDefaultExternal points to the INTERNAL SDCard as I mentioned above, you will have to find out what is the path to the external card on your device, every device is different.

You can read more about it HERE

Upvote 0

petr4ppc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have read it,

but I dont understand...

I must have some specified folder and the path to this folder is definition of my external device?

I want not write bad question, please can I read somewhere more about this situation?

Thank you
p4ppc
:sign0085:

Upvote 0

Caravelle

Licensed User
Longtime User
I found out the specific paths to the two USB external folders on my Asus Transformer, and the USB folder on my new Galaxy Tab 7 simply by attaching the drives and looking for them using the file manager application. If the device doesn't have an adequate application supplied, there are several that can be downloaded for free from the Play Store. "File Manager HD" suits me.

Caravelle

Upvote 0