Android Question Copying a whole directory to another directory.

aironium

In my WIP app, it is supposed to copy the selected directory to a special hidden directory to handle other operations (zipping them and manipulating its binaries, from previous post)

I've tried using File.Copy, but apparently it is only used for files. It crashes the app as a result.

Is there a quick way to copy a whole directory to another directory (basically clone a folder and its contents to a new folder)? I have seen some posts mentioning recursions, but I am unsure if they will work on directories with very deep structure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230402-142838.jpg
    Screenshot_20230402-142838.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 41

watesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
In my WIP app, it is supposed to copy the selected directory to a special hidden directory to handle other operations (zipping them and manipulating its binaries, from previous post)

I've tried using File.Copy, but apparently it is only used for files. It crashes the app as a result.

Is there a quick way to copy a whole directory to another directory (basically clone a folder and its contents to a new folder)? I have seen some posts mentioning recursions, but I am unsure if they will work on directories with very deep structure.
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-copyfolder-deletefolder.69820/#content

Upvote 0