Copying files from shortcuts

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to write a program to copy the files I have opened during the last two days to the PPC. One way of doing it would be to go through all of the directories and look at all the "Date modified" (using Graham's FilesEx dll :)). This would take a lot of time however, and I thought that an alternative would be to go to the "My recent documents" folder, that should contain this information. But of course it only contains shortcuts to the files I want... and if I copy them I only get copies of the shortcuts :(

Is there some weird and wonderful way in which I can use the shortcuts to copy the files themselves?

all the best / Björn

Mr_Gee

Licensed User
Longtime User
What if you would read the content of the shorcuts using
fileopen?

you will need to parse the information but it should work

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
But when I try to read the shortcut file it says that no such file exists. :confused:

Very frustrating. (It reads a "normal" file in the same location ok so it must be some special property of the shortcut files that causes the problem)

EDIT: Sorry, I should have read up on it a bit more, when I added ".lnk" to the filename I can open the file (apparently .lnk is always there and always hidden). Now I just need to parse it. Wish me luck...

Last edited: