Corona virus tracker app

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried to search Corona virus tracker app / Corona in Google play store, here what I got
Screenshot_20200324_023244_com.android.vending.jpg

Anyone have the same experience?

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your info.

That is a pity.

I intend to invite this community to join me and create an open source virus tracker and then placed it on play store so that everyone can download it.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@incendio : it's not the openess of the app that platform owners question about; they want app from recognized entities only. That means government bodies, acknowledged research institutions, etc.
Weeks ago I prepared a prototype for a mass screening app based on an official document sent to doctors in order to conduct phone interviews. The general idea was that people autonomously collected their health status infos, sending them anonymously to a server where doctors could extract those more suspect cases and signal back to those people to contact a medical center for further analysis.

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
@incendio : it's not the openess of the app that platform owners question about; they want app from recognized entities only. That means government bodies, acknowledged research institutions, etc.
Weeks ago I prepared a prototype for a mass screening app based on an official document sent to doctors in order to conduct phone interviews. The general idea was that people autonomously collected their health status infos, sending them anonymously to a server where doctors could extract those more suspect cases and signal back to those people to contact a medical center for further analysis.
In my case, my government does not give the exact info about infected areas.

I want communities, at least in my city, to participate for tracking these infected areas via apps, so we can inform others to be more careful if they are in the same or close with that areas.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can distribute the app from your own server.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
I tried to search Corona virus tracker app / Corona in Google play store, here what I got
The best one I have seen in here : https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/coronav-gis-mapping-site.115226/

Its updated about twice a day I think is a really good visual representation come via reputable institution and there is a mobile APP version if you look through the landing page. IT might ask for a sign in -> paste the URL into your browser and it will go there (I use the phone responsive page).

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
this site doesn't show anything as of two minutes ago onts MAP for
South Africa
Mauritius
Mozambique
Zimbabwe
Angola
DRC
Kenya
Madagascar
etc..
doesn't seem to be any accuracy or currency to the mapping. . . .they are in the text listing