crashing, crashing, crashing, zzzzrrrd, gone. That was that hard drive :)

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not to mention the entire system.

Fun though to re-install everything

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I usually do a spring and winter deeeeep cleanup of my netbook... I mean... Deeeeeeeeeep!
I tear it apart bit by bit... Then, after hardware cleanup, I reassemble the bits...strangely there's always a screw that seems to have no were to go... Then I clean the system... Byte by byte... Full low level format!
Then re-install...
Typically a 2 days endeavour!!

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Cableguy it seems that I find that we are more alike every time you post a bit about yourself. I tend to strip my system(s) apart about every 18 months (all screws accounted for though, I'm an engineer after all! ). My laptop and desktop usually have the OS reinstalled although I don't do that with the Server, just a deep clean is sufficient for that. But then my desktop and server both run 24-7 so they build up quite a bit of dust.

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
yeah but I like to be surprised and to realise that whatever I've accomplished is totally trashable

then its a wake up call to reinstall my stolen version of Win7 (win 8 wouldn't install)

who pays for operating systems?

please delete the above

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
15 EUR, really? Which version? Although M$ have already started to indicate that they will be ending Win7.... Ah in 2020.

I purchased Win 7 Pro, a few years ago, but can't remember how much it was, a bit more than 15 EUR!

Last edited:

TheJinJ

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've started to do a fresh OS install along with drivers, apps etc then take an image of the setup system...easier and quicker to do a fresh install. If all your data is on a different partition to the OS it's even easier.

A lot of the cheap keys being sold for Windows are from volume licensing and are not supposed to be resold.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…