Share My Creation Create a real device recognized by Alexa (Echo)

untitled1creating_a_device_.jpg

Screen Shot 01-02-20 at 10.28 PM.PNG

But first, let me keep doing well this library and continuing updating sending to me some coffee.

If you understand that my work is worth $10 .....

Contact me if you need to create any libraries for: B4A, B4i or B4R
Email: [email protected]

http://visualnet.inf.br/store

Instructions:

**Step 1:**

Install the FauxmoESP library through Sketch del Arduino: search for fauxmoesp by Xose Pérez, my library uses the resources of this.

sketch.png

**Step 2:**

Copy the library for your library folder, my folder is this, I use Aditional Libraries, as soon as I copy it, refresh in the list next to it should already appear

step2.png

libfolder.png

**Step 3:**

You are read to use the example: Sample.zip (inside the .zip file)

HAPPY CODING BUT NOT FORGET TO BUY ME A COFFEE!!!

Last edited:

Carlengue

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Alberto, where can i download the rAlexa library. And what is Captive Portal that use rCaptive library?. Thanks

Marke

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Alberto, where can i download the rAlexa library. And what is Captive Portal that use rCaptive library?. Thanks

Hi, If the download is available for the rAlexa library, can someone point me in the right place. Very interested in the this project

Laurent95

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Alberto,
Congrats.
Very interesting !!!

EDIT: Deleted some quotes not needed

**Step 3:**
You are ready to use the example: Sample.zip (inside the .zip file)
Unfortunately no, the Captive library is missing, where can she be hidden ???
Ok Alberto, can you post here the missing files.
Thank you.

EDIT : Done, i found this for rCaptive : Your thread

Have a nice day all.

Last edited:

Alberto Iglesias

Licensed User
Longtime User
you can download from this post:

but to use alexa, you dont need this, is just use you normal way to connect to wifi, the captive is easy way to not put hardcoded the wifi credentials

Laurent95

Licensed User
Longtime User
you can download from this post:

but to use alexa, you dont need this, is just use you normal way to connect to wifi, the captive is easy way to not put hardcoded the wifi credentials

Thanks, corrected my post during you posted the reply :p
And yes i was supposed that rCaptive is not really needed if we use the usual way to connect to Wifi.

BertI

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sounds interesting, I tried to compile the example but had some difficulties during compilation:

In file included from C:\B4R\Alexa\Objects\bin\sketch\fauxmoESP.cpp:30:0:
fauxmoESP.h:60:29: fatal error: ESPAsyncTCP.h: No such file or directory
#include <ESPAsyncTCP.h>
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1

Note: I had first installed Fauxmo and WiFiManager libraries via the Arduino library manager and I had added the rAlexa and rCaptive libraries to the B4R libraries.

BertI

Licensed User
Longtime User
Answering my own question first...

Found I had to install the ESPAsyncTCP library into the Arduino environment manually. In case anyone else has encountered this it can be downloaded from Github here: https://github.com/me-no-dev/ESPAsyncTCP. Then you can get the Arduino IDE to install this direct from the downloaded zip file via Sketch | Include Library | Add .ZIP Library...

Anyhow once this was installed the example compiled ok. However... the device could not be discovered by Alexa. So I then tried the Fauxmo basic example provided in the Arduino environment. This initially did not work either until I noticed some posts suggesting lwIP setting should be v1.4 (board options). I tried that and hey presto 5 devices were found as per the example. So I then turned back to the B4R example and changed the board option lwIP setting in this case to something listed as hb1 (don't know why the listed settings in B4R don't match the names in the Arduinio IDE options but positionally this looked to be the equivalent). Unfortunately this did not seem to make any difference to discovery. But... decided to try and get the devices discovered using the Arduino example, then go back to the B4R example set up with the same device name. Now if I asked Alexa to change the state of the lamp it worked but in an unreliable and often delayed way and sometimes would say device was faulty.

So something must be different when the code is compiled under B4R rather than Arduino environment though both would seem to use fundamentally the same Fauxmo library. My suspicion is that it might be something to do with the lwIP setting seeing as the symptoms are a kind of lethargy. The board selected is the same in both Arduino and B4R - ESPino (ESP-12 Module), though it is actually an AI Thinker 12F, don't know if that makes any difference. Pretty much everything is at latest version software wise.

Further investigations seem to indicate that it is something not quite right with what is being returned back from the device since the incoming messages from Alexa following a spoken command seem to come through ok most times.

Last edited: