Create Flipboard using B4A?

Any one familiar with the Flipboard app?

I'm curious if B4A is robust enough to do the following:

Would B4A be up to task to create a Flipboard clone? Or a Kindle for Android clone? Could B4A handle rich text "pages" that can flip up and down? Can B4A create "left to right/right to left page turns" like you see in the iPad's eBook reader, or the Kindle Android app?

Thanks, but from the description, that "component" is for bitmaps images. I'm not trying to create a picture album. As I stated, I was looking for something that would emulate an eReader, i.e., TEXT on a page, not images on a page.

Upvote 0

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When you create the illusion of a page turning, or a board flipping, you WILL have to convert your text(or any rich content) to a bitmap(image), so that you can manipulate the bitmap to show the animation.
EDIT:
Actually it might be possible to use the Android view animation class, but I do not know how to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the .apk

A few comments. It is very difficult to get the page edge to "start" to turn. It may be on account of the fact that the app doesn't know whether the touch gesture is intended to be a selection of the scroll list, or whether the gesture is supposed to trigger a page turn.

I understand that one has to render the next page's text to a bitmap in order to achieve the page flip effect. Would this be true if all one was doing was causing the next page to horizontally scroll right to left, as the Kindle for Android works? Kindle for Android does not use page "flips."

Upvote 0
And what about a rich text viewer? Does B4A have such a component available that would display either HTML or rich text, and then allow some method of sensing if a word within the text viewer is being tapped, selected or touched?

Upvote 0

vb1992

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0