Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not think it is a good idea to create a library for just one forum user. You will benefit a lot more if you create your libraries for the entire forum for many reasons;
1. You will benefit more monetarily it is public.
2. You will get a lot more input from a potential of 80000 users and exposure on how to improve it.
3. If you make a lib for one person, he/she can hold you responsible if you distribute it to others.
4. How do you think Erel was able to make a top notch product with B4X. It is not by offering it to one. It is by offering it to all who gave him a variety of tips and ideas all along.

Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. You will benefit more monetarily it is public.
It depends strongly on how many people are interested and on the minimum donation amount you ask for. IMO, low amount donations are not profitable at all (and I renounced personaly). It's better to charge a higher, but affordable, price to many (if there's some public interest) or the exact price, based on time spent, to a single user.

That being said, the animations of the Androidviewanimations lib can be easily reproduced with NineOldAndroids so I don't understand where's the need to wrap it.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
so I don't understand where's the need to wrap it
You are absolutely right. There is no need for it.
But he asked, he bid a very few dollar.
I guess it will be probably the only donation i get for this library (even if i release it).

Wrapping libs to get rich is the wrong way :D

Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are absolutely right. There is no need for it.
But he asked, he bid a very few dollar.
I guess it will be probably the only donation i get for this library (even if i release it).

Wrapping libs to get rich is the wrong way :D
If you want to spend hours for something that's not of use to you, and for only $10, let's go. I did myself a few things for free that I almost never used.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but they are in fact only 5-10 or so which are really active ;-)
I do not know what you mean by 5-10 are really active..
But, if all you are going to make is $10 from making that lib for only one individual, I will be glad to pay the $10 instead so you can make it available to everyone in the forum and everyone can enjoy. Although I do not have any immediate need for this lib and I am not much into animation stuff, others may enjoy it.

Upvote 0