Android Question Creating interactive webapp using WebviewExtras or UltraWebview

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
I used Webview only once or twice just to simply load a webpage and I still have a lot to learn about everything Webview related.

Definition of my webapp: Html/Php webpages with PHP/Mysql backend, no jar file. The app needs to receive button click events and read user inputs.

I know that NANano Skeleton can do everything I want in B4J and I'm wondering whether I can do the same in B4A. If so, any pros and cons I should be aware of?

TIA

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm still climbing the NANano Skeleton webapp learning curve and I'm wondering what B4A's webview (including Webview extras & UltralWebview) can do.

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually I got curious, just found out that someone tried to take their BANano transpiled output and pushed it in a webview, https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/webview-not-load-banano-page.117151/#content

My if only this worked! Sorry for the elaboration.

This is rather old..

Upvote 0

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
Of course, I need to find another way to create the webpages, unlike NANano Skeleton webapp.

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
I used Webview only once or twice just to simply load a webpage and I still have a lot to learn about everything Webview related.

Definition of my webapp: Html/Php webpages with PHP/Mysql backend, no jar file. The app needs to receive button click events and read user inputs.

I know that NANano Skeleton can do everything I want in B4J and I'm wondering whether I can do the same in B4A. If so, any pros and cons I should be aware of?

TIA
You can look to the [B4XPages] jRDC2 + MySql CRUD + Login example for B4A and B4J and learn howto interact wit webview at TestHTML example or do a broad webview search for ideas.

Upvote 0