B4J Question DateTime.SetTimeZone and daylight savings time

kostefar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear All,

I´m in the CET timezone, and during the wintertime, DateTime.SetTimeZone(1) worked for me, but now I have to use DateTime.SetTimeZone(2) instead. Is there another parameter that can be set for daylight savings time to keep the settimezone value consistant?

Thanks

kostefar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel,

I did not describe very well what I wanted to achieve. I am collecting timestamps from an external source, and need to know when they were made. The below timestamp should convert to: monday d. 26. march 2018 kl. 23:50:41

However, it shows here at my end in b4j as 2 hours earlier, which is why I have to do the timezone thing. Maybe the website where I got it from is doing something wrong then?

Upvote 0

kostefar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very strange, dunno why I started using the timezone thing in the first place. I can see that if I don´t set it, I actually get the correct timezone when parsing the timestamp.
I guess I ran into a data provider long time ago with a bug, or I wouldn´t have wanted to use it in the first place.

Thanks for making me see things more clearly, now I can skip the timezone setting :)

Upvote 0