Bug? Debug not hotswapping anymore

jmon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

So I have this issue which is sadly very difficult to reproduce. When I debug for a long time, I'd say more than 15 - 20 minutes, the Debug doesn't do the Hot Code Swap anymore, meaning that when I save (CTRL+S) the code is not updated in realtime in my app anymore.

What's difficult to understand, is that it seems to update it, but only after saving 2-3 times in a row. For example what I do to solve the issue is to comment / uncomment a line and saving each time for the code to take into account some other changes I made earlier. I think the HotSwap doesn't record all the changes I made, or there is a delay, or something like that.

My application is quite big, that may be the problem. I have about 154 classes / code modules, and about 44 libraries linked.

The other solution is to close the application, and start a new debug session, this will take into account all the changes I made.

I'm running B4J 9.80, 64 bit on Windows 10, I recently updated on April 1st, and I wasn't getting this problem with the previous version of B4J I was using, which was B4J 9.10.

Thank you for your support!