Deploying static websites to Netlify - A BVAD3 Kitchen Sink Experience.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there

So I decided to check deploying the latest version of BANanoVuetifyAD3 Kitchen Sink on netlify. Easy peasy.

1. I run my BVAD3 webapp, it publishes content to a laragon folder.
2. I use Github Desktop and create a new repo and then copy and paste all the generated BANano content into the github repo.
3. I create an account and sign in on netlify and link it to Github. There is a step to tell netlify to "recognize" your github as "netlifyable" content there. You will figure it out.
4. Anytime I publish new content to github, netlify rebuilds the new website based on that content..

Related Content

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Once I get my head around your goodies - can't wait to try them out now that I have a bit of time after fitting 11 new windows and two doors to the house......should have looked in the kitchen sink if there's a BVAD3 module for that.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Mashy - a couple of oddities : In the page linked in #1 this appears ->
  1. Install B4J and follow the instructions from the download page.
  2. Create folders in your Windows PC named 'Shared', 'Libraries' and 'WorkSpace'. The shared folder is for shared code, libraries for external libraries and workspace for your projects
  3. From the BANano download, copy the contents of the 'Library' folder to the libraries folder you have just created
  4. From the BANanoVuetifyAD3 External Libraries download, copy all the b4xlibs to the libraries folder you have just created.
  5. Open Program Files (x86), Anywhere Software, B4J, Libraries and copy and paste the BVAD3EDS b4xtemplate file there.
  6. Open B4J, click Tools, click Configure Paths and then point to the shared and libraries folders you just created
  7. Install Laragon / Wamp. For this project we will use Laragon. We are running Laragon in SSL mode.
  • Under 2 -> could you add the clarity that these should be in the Project (workspace) folder that you intend to put your code? As it stands moekoes are going to make folders in the C:root or something similar (there are also shared and libraries files in the B4J/pages folders some may [legitimately?] install yours there. {{Us in the EC get confused.}}
  • Make 3 and 4 -> 2.1 and 2.2 that will link with the item 2 instruction. Reorder appropriate following.
  • Under 5 -> that should change to PROGRAM FILES indicating the 64-bit (preferred) install.

Question : can one use a hosted site with an SP rather than installing Laragon or WAMP? I would guess so - but - - - -

ALSO : 4. BANanoVuetifyAD3 Template gives a 404 error.

Last edited:

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, but please use the instructions from the Main Github page.

On the main thread of the BVAD3 thread here, we have

1652224340883.png

Here is the link to the GitHub page.

Those have been battle tested over and over again, and if there is something unclear, please indicate.

PS: I will fix the ones you posted from the Kitchen Sink first page, sorry about that, I have been procastinating that. Tomorrow it will be done!

Please skim through the Mashy Teaches Channel as it has the most updated information.