Android Question Development at Starbucks?

jccraig

Licensed User
Longtime User
The B4A Bridge works great on my WiFi here at home, but I'm often out and about with my laptop, and I'm having trouble on WiFi systems such as at Starbucks. Is there a simple workaround for public WiFi? Assuming a USB connection between my Turbo 2 phone and my laptop is the best option, is there a summary of how to do this? I got my phone into USB developer mode, and I can access its files and folders from my laptop, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to run and/or debug a B4A app on my phone.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you have enabled the USB debugging mode in the developer menu ? Because when connected with the USB cable it is obviously directly working like if it was Wi-Fi (perhaps even better working)

You just won't have to start B4A Bridge. It is Transparently connected

Upvote 0

jccraig

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you have enabled the USB debugging mode in the developer menu ? Because when connected with the USB cable it is obviously directly working like if it was Wi-Fi (perhaps even better working)

You just won't have to start B4A Bridge. It is Transparently connected

In my Turbo 2 settings I now see "USB debugging" option is on.... Okay, it is now working when I run from B4A on my laptop. Not sure what I missed first time, but it looks great now. Thanks!

Upvote 0