Android Question Dial and Show Reduced Dialing Screen

Dogbonesix

Licensed User
Longtime User
I often have a phone number to dial that has associated information that I need to pass on to a person or some robot such as an account number or some other reference number. It is easy to click and dial the number but full dialing screen appears and hides any reference information. Is there a way to reduce the dialing screen or have it float in and out of view(or something) such that one can view the reference information (ie account number) and enter the information on the dialing pad simultaneously?

Dogbonesix

Licensed User
Longtime User
It kinda works. CToast (Credit to Margret, I believe) is over written when the Dial screen is displayed. While ToastMessageShow() is not over written there is no control on duration or placement. Having some way to display some text on the dialing screen would GREATLY reduce the frustration when dealing with many times one has do deal with reference data either with a Human or robot - there has to be a way...

Upvote 0

An Schi

Licensed User
No solution, but maybe another idea:

Post your data to a notification and pull down the statusbar when you want to enter it.

Upvote 0

Dogbonesix

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is worth a try - seems the notifications are visible during the dialing screen. My wife will never figure out how to use it. But it is a start. Please view the image BetterDialer.png which is a solution I would like. This function would greatly enhance the human/machine interface.

Attachments

• BetterDialer.png
    BetterDialer.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 0

Dogbonesix

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks An Schi. Notifications does work - takes a little coordination but the desired result can be achieved. I am still in the hunt to make a custom dialing screen such as BetterDialer.png above.

Upvote 0