Android Question Dialog parameters that change on the fly?

dbprogramer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm trying to get a range (numbers, such as 3 to 6) that the user selects (using the preferencesdialog), but as far as I can tell, I have to use a json file for the starting parameters of the dialog. Rather than just start with 1 for the starting point and a 1 for the ending point as a default, I'd like the starting point to be based on other things the user has just done (I know that number before this dialog is called) and I would like for the ending point to automatically go up to be at least as high as the current starting point (rather than stay at 1 until the user changes it). I guess what I'm asking is, is there a way to set via code, at the moment, the dialog parameters (of a preferencesdialog) instead of using a json file? I was trying to have a dialog where the user selects the number by scrolling/tapping rather than by typing in a number from a keyboard.

Last edited:

dbprogramer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry! I thought it was required to load the parameters from a json file; now I've found out that I can easily load the parameters when I define the dialog in the code.

Upvote 0