Domestic flight ticket is $1.2 Billion

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Our Chinese fellow members can explain
The Chinese number system is different from our decimal system.. and try as much as you can, not to ask a Chinese to add or multiply numbers more than 1000. he can readily get confused because he must first convert your number to Chinese format, then do the arithmetic on it.. and this takes considerable time.
The attached picture shows that my ticket from Shenzhen to Yiwu, a domestic flight was $1.2 Billion! and I had 90 options to get to the airport! that was a long to time ago, you can tell from the mobile phone model.
This is a confirmation SMS (text) message shortly after completing my reservation

p.s.
"90 options back" means 90 minutes before. (I realized later)

1_2_Million.jpg

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"90 options back" means 90 minutes before. (I realized later)

options / back are the buttons

right top button is back and left is options, you had to scroll down to see what else was written in your SMS... :)

Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan.. you rescued me.. u r absolutely right.. now I remembered the rest was 90 minutes before take off. not that much though.. I remembered that later after the first posting.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan.. you rescued me.. u r absolutely right.. now I remembered the rest was 90 minutes before take off. not that much though.. I remembered that later after the first posting.

Haha you really forgot what the 90s phones look like?

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Haha you really forgot what the 90s phones look like?
I forgot the airliner message format, they send you a confirmation text with the money you paid, a summery of your itinerary and when you should arrive at the airport.
My memory is not perfect but this was about the standard notification format of that airliner.. not about the phone itself.