EDoS2014D-Mini

F

Fred Worms

Bonjour,

EDos is an Easy Document system I developed for Microsoft Windows, XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
EDoSD is the version for usage in the dark, e.g. for use by blind persons.
For this version only a numeric keypad is needed.

EDoS uses talking digital documents, with human voice audio.
EDos-documents can be read either sentenc by sentence or in continuous mode.

EDos2014D-Mini is a (very) stripped version. Only one document (hardcoded path), one chapter, no dual-language functions, no word-spelling functions etc.

The purpose of EDos2014D-Mini is to investigate whether EDoS can be implemented on other "platforms", CHEAPER than MS Windows, starting at about 300€ for the equipment.

So Androïd would be fine, especially if written in Basic4Android. (the present version is written in XAML and VB.NET).

The full source code, executable and documentation of EDos2014D-Mini are available for interested developers.

I work "sans but lucratif", but a certain (modest) fee is possible.

I hope to hear from many of you !

Menton, 28 octobre 2013

Fred Worms

[email protected]

aarondc

Licensed User
Longtime User
You might want to explain what "sans but lucratif" means. I can google it, but we then introduce potential for miscommunication.

Fred Worms

Licensed User
Longtime User
You might want to explain what "sans but lucratif" means. I can google it, but we then introduce potential for miscommunication.
This means that I do not need money, so EDOS for Microsoft Windows will be free. I would like to develop (or finance the development) of versions that run on cheaper platforms (android, embedded, ....).
I also am in favour of a "bpad", a blind persons audio device, enabling all essential functions (telephone, radio, music, EDOS etc.) in one cheap and simple device.
I hope te receive reactions from program developers interested not only in money, but also in serving blind people. I'm afraid these developers will be hard to find. As millions of programmers continue to waste their time on games, the prehistoric Braille will remain the only possibility for blind persons who do not want to stay illiterate.
Kind regards, FW