Android Question Email Auth in FirebaseAuth

FierceBlaze

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's time that Email Authentication is Officially added to the FirebaseAuth library.

The developer of FirebaseAuthEx said that they lost the source in a HDD crash. There has not been any updates since.

I'm just saying. If the original FirebaseAuth had to be updated recently because of a breaking change I am sure that FirebaseAuthEx has the same problem.

Check This Post:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/bookmarks/?type=post&id=547510

I am getting a NullPointerException trying to run AuthEx.Initialize("AuthEx")

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void com.google.firebase.auth.FirebaseAuth.addAuthStateListener(com.google.firebase.auth.FirebaseAuth$AuthStateListener)' on a null object reference
at de.donmanfred.FirebaseAuthExWrapper.Initialize(FirebaseAuthExWrapper.java:54)

npsonic

Licensed User
Yeah, that's the real problem with FirebaseAuth lib. You will get Exception if you try to log in again after app was removed when logged in. I don't remember if I have ever got that exception with FirebaseAuthEx lib.
If you check FirebaseAuthEx lib source you will see that it's not hard to create. You can write lib your self if you need to make changes to it.

Upvote 0

npsonic

Licensed User
Just to add to my previous post, if someone want to study how some lib where created you can always download Java Decompiler
It's basically quite easy to decompile FirebaseAuthEx and write it again. I might do this some day as I'm using it constantly.
You can get exception with FirebaseAuthEx lib when signing up with email that has already signed up. That specific exception is not handled in lib.

Upvote 0