B4J Question Embeded webapp for a desktop application possible ?

Crystal Noir

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello there,

I follow B4J for a long time as the same I didn't develop something with it for now. But I wonder if it's possible to make a webapp (with abmaterial for example, with css etc...) and embed it in a self executable (with server embeded) to run it like a desktop application ?

Thank you in advance :)

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
in some cases it may be possible, but in general it is not advisable. A webview is only a mini version of a real browser, and ABM uses some modern javascript/css which may not work in this webview. And even if it does, I can't promise it will keep working. If, for some reason, I can use a new feature of a real webbrowser that speeds up things, I will use it.

Upvote 0

Crystal Noir

Licensed User
Longtime User
If I understood correctly if I want to make a desktop app, use native controls and "compilation" is mandatory ? I'm searching a way to have modern/better gui for a desktop app.

Upvote 0

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
None of the nodes in a GUI have to look like default nodes, if you use css you can make them look how you want. Similar to how buttons and tables etc are styled on a web page using css.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Crystal Noir

Licensed User
Longtime User
I didn't see that we are be able to do this with desktop application in B4J, may be it's in the documentation, but the doc is...big I didn't see this part yet.

Upvote 0