Error on AndroidManifest versionName!

petri2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
All,
OK, I managed to get through and finalized an app with b4a. I just love it!
Anyway my problem is the folloeing messsage when trying to upload to Android Market:

"Market requires versionName to be set in AndroidManifest.xml"

Ehhh, I am lost on this one... Anyone got any idea. I know the versionname is blank in the XML file. Should I fill it in or? I have tried to follow any directions and hints I found n forums etc.. But no luck... Attached s the XML file as well..

Any help or hints appriciated...

Cheers,

Petri

Attachments

• AndroidManifest.zip
    677 bytes · Views: 208

brainfart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Version Code is an integer, this has to be incremental and is monitored internally by the Market, when you publish. No one gets to view this value, but the market will want you to increment it every time you update the App.

The Version number is actually a string and is viewable on the market, to give an idea of the version of the App that you have published and that someone has on the market.

For instance :

Initial App uploaded..

Code : 1
Number : 0.1

Update

Code : 2
Number 0.2

Minor update

Code : 3
Number 0.2.1

Update

Code : 4
Number 0.3

This is set in Project, Application Version. Sometimes it may be that you make the manifest file read only - for instance if you implement Admob advertising. Then you have to adjust these numbers yourself, manually.

HTH

petri2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks alot!

Thanks for the replies, it put things in place for me. So, I finally sorted it out!

Cheers,

Petri