iOS Question Error when compiling /Users/root/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData is not a folder.

Robby

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm having a problem with local server whilst compiling with error message' /Users/root/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData is not a folder' after upgrading Catalina and Xcode

Current system:
Upgraded to Mac OS 10.15.4
Local Build Server 6.51
B4i 6.5
Xcode 11.4 was run so that additional components added

I checked the folders on the Mac

In Users Directory
There is a home directory named 'robin 1' and subdirectories which include Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData
There's a directory actually named 'root' that has sub directories Library/Mobile Device/

In Root Directory
There is also a root directory and subdirectories at /Library/Developer/XcodeServer

The error message refers to /root/ rather than home directory /robin\ 1/ where the Derived Data folder is located. Any ideas as to a fix?

Robby

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel
There was a file in the BuildServer folder called config_example.txt which included:
#B4i build server settings
port=51042
provisioning_profiles=/Users/%user%/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles
#AppPath=
xcode_cache=/Users/%user%/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData

I renamed the file to config.txt however I still get error msg /Users/root/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData is not a folder when I compile so it looks like config.txt is not being accessed. At the same time new txt file config_example.txt is added to the folder.

Should the config file be located elsewhere? Not sure how to progress

Upvote 0